My decision to re-open this Blog was not one that I took lightly. I played around with the idea for months. There were a few reasons that led me to do this. The first one is that I will soon be removing my families paranormal story from print. And the second reason is that I am currently working on a paranormal book which has led the activity in our home to pick back up. Unfortunately. it looks like I will be updating this blog again from time to time. If this Blog can help just one person see the signs and take action to keep themselves from going through what we have, it will be worth every word written. This blog is a personal Journal of me and my family as we deal with the unknown in our house. It's true, it's raw. and it's real.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Even stranger

Later on, after our son was born. We had spent the day out with friends and family, only to come home and find our back door standing wide open. After close inspection, we noticed that the locks on the door were still in the locked position, but yet the door was standing wide open...and it was about ten feet off the ground! This door was only accessible from the inside! We were both shocked and puzzled at how this was even possible. As the evening went on, we had put it in the back of our minds and all but forgot about the door. We put our young son to bed and turned in for the night, Only to be awoken by the fire alarm blaring! We jump out of bed! Marty races through the house to find the fire as I run to grab the baby.I grab our son and his blanket from the crib and race out into the living room, thinking the house is on fire and we have to get out! But there stands Marty in the living room looking totally puzzled. There is no fire.He goes and shuts off the alarm. I sooth our now screaming baby, and get him back into bed. Then Marty and I head back to bed, both of us wondering why the alarm had set itself off.Little did we know that was just the first night, and much more would follow where we were awoken by a blaring fire alarm. There were also many times we would arrive home to find that back door open. Of course with the locks still locked.

Later on, Marty was switched to the night shift, which left our young son and me home alone most nights. Luckily the fire alarm had seemed to quieten itself. And didn't go off while I was there alone. But when I would go to bed at night, I would hear our neighbors walking around.It was very annoying and hard to sleep. I would look out the window across the yard, only to see that all of their lights were off. I wondered why they were walking around in the dark. But every night, just as I lay down, the footsteps would start.

One night my cousin had decided to stay with me while Marty was at work.She settled into our room for the night, and I took the couch. The next morning over coffee, I asked how she slept.Her response was "I slept fine until your dog woke me up licking me in the face."........we had no dog!