My decision to re-open this Blog was not one that I took lightly. I played around with the idea for months. There were a few reasons that led me to do this. The first one is that I will soon be removing my families paranormal story from print. And the second reason is that I am currently working on a paranormal book which has led the activity in our home to pick back up. Unfortunately. it looks like I will be updating this blog again from time to time. If this Blog can help just one person see the signs and take action to keep themselves from going through what we have, it will be worth every word written. This blog is a personal Journal of me and my family as we deal with the unknown in our house. It's true, it's raw. and it's real.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

We're here to stay.

That brings us to the home we are in now. Our Home. We moved in, in the Spring of 88. Our son was three years old now. Everything was completely normal. No Green Monkeys here. YAY!
Until the morning the cabinet doors woke us up. Yep. It was the same slamming noise.And again, the cabinets were standing wide open. Marty and I closed them. Then went back to bed. Both of us thinking, OK. Whatever this is, hasn't harmed anyone. So why make a big deal out of it. We will just go on living our day to day lives as if this is a regular thing. And we did. We lived with the back door opening on it's on. Having door knobs yanked from our hands. Seeing small black shadows dart across the floor.Having our dogs bark and growl at things we couldn't see. But it was just day to day life for us.Things would happen that none of us could explain, we would discuss it as a family. But it wouldn't go any further. Why have the neighbors thinking you're crazy, Right. One day in our kitchen, I was sweeping the floor when Marty walked in and asked me to hand him some cleaner. I said sure, and handed the broom toward him, as I bent to reach the cleaner under the cabinet. As I was bent over, I heard him say, "Ummmm, Sweetie." I raised up expecting to see Marty standing there holding the broom for me. But I raised up to see the broom standing in the middle of my kitchen floor on its own! We both walked around this self-standing broom and looked at it from every angle. It just stood there. This time, we were able to get the camera and photograph this broom from different angles in our kitchen. As it just stood there for no reason.It was then that I confided in my Mom as to what was happening in our home. We assumed that these rare occurrences could be either from my Aunt or my grandfather, as they both, at separate times, had passed away in the home before it was ours.

The years passed, and things continued to happen. Just day to day life for us. Until one night we were all sitting at the kitchen table, Marty myself, our son and his soon to be wife. We were discussing the things that were going on in the house. When we all watched a bowl containing a coffee filter full of coffee, levitate, float, then get flung across the room in our direction. Everyday life. Right? Seemed to me, it was beginning to get a bit stronger.Not long after that, I had just finished taking a shower, I turned the water off, and went to open the door, the sliding glass doors wouldn't open. I pulled and pulled on these doors that do not lock. Then finally yelled for Marty, who naturally after watching me struggle, opened the door with two fingers.Believe it or not, that didn't even scare me. I was so used to our day to day life. That seemed almost natural to me.

Time went on, Our son got married. He and his new wife had a beautiful baby boy. They had decided to live with us until they can get a place of their own close by. As my daughter in law and I spent more and more days together just the baby and us, we noticed more and more things happening around us. Things that were starting to affect the child. ( I will not elaborate on this, as that in itself is private family stuff.) That is when she and I decided to set up a voice recorder.Later that day, I went to check the recorder, not really expecting to hear anything. When I hear this male voice, loud and very clearly say, "I am Here." That made my blood run cold. I was almost afraid to tell her what we had captured, as I didn't know how a new mom would react to this. After discussing this with the rest of the family, we decided to set up some cameras in our home. The cameras kept shutting off and would not record anything.By that time, we were all seeing a dark shadow figure move about the house. So my DIL and I decided that since this was affecting the baby, and seemed to be getting stronger, it was time to take action. I started doing a bit of research and found a local team of Paranormal Investigators. After a few emails to the founder and co-founder. They came out to our home to meet with the family. This was our first meeting with Josh, Dennis, and Brandon from Carolina Paranormal Investigators. From there, we decided to go ahead with a full house investigation. Little did we know then. But the guys from CPI felt the negative presence in our home as they visited with us.We set up a date for the investigation......but something, Maybe Paranormal, maybe not, would keep us from keeping that appointment.