My decision to re-open this Blog was not one that I took lightly. I played around with the idea for months. There were a few reasons that led me to do this. The first one is that I will soon be removing my families paranormal story from print. And the second reason is that I am currently working on a paranormal book which has led the activity in our home to pick back up. Unfortunately. it looks like I will be updating this blog again from time to time. If this Blog can help just one person see the signs and take action to keep themselves from going through what we have, it will be worth every word written. This blog is a personal Journal of me and my family as we deal with the unknown in our house. It's true, it's raw. and it's real.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

a long night

I had wondered if anything was going to happen last night since the team had been out earlier in the day.Usually, when we have a visit from them, it kicks up the activity in the house. But we all went to bed last night, with nothing out of the "ordinary." (Ha! Ha!. I don't think I have used that word for quite a while. It sorta stands out here.) But anyway, nothing strange took place, until....................................
Around midnight, I was suddenly awake. Just wide awake for no reason. So I lay there listening and looking around the room. Then I noticed the lights.I'm sure you have at some point been in one room, and you can see the flash of lights from a TV or computer, coming from another room. They sort of project themselves on the wall.Bright, then dim, then brighter, then dim again. That is what I started watching on my bedroom door. The house was totally silent. And I lay there watching this light show for quite some time. Just when I thought it had stopped, it would start again.( At this point, I really needed to make a trip to the bathroom. But my getting up would stop the activity. Right? So I lay there and watched for a while.)I was just on the verge of waking Marty, who was sleeping soundly beside me. When I heard a cigarette lighter being struck.OK! That's not a ghost! Someone else is up. So now is my chance to make a dash for the bathroom! I came out of my bedroom just as my DIL was leaving the room.We didn't speak. I just headed for the bathroom. When I came back into the kitchen. She was sitting at the table.Marty had also gotten up and was standing in the kitchen. (Strange that both of them are up at this hour too. (12:08)) My DIL then asked if we had left the TV on when we went to bed.Of course not. I have never left the TV on. It is always turned off before we start locking up and turning out lights at bedtime. But she had gotten up to get a drink. And said the TV was on in the living room. (I know beyond any doubt, that TV was off before we went to bed.But that did explain my light show.) As we were discussing this, my son Chris entered the kitchen and says,"So I'm the only one that can't sleep tonight, Huh"? Soooooo. The whole house is up, and wide awake at midnight. Nice! But none of us actually know why we are awake at this hour. We just all suddenly woke up. I don't remember this ever happening before. So we all just grabbed a cold drink and sat around the table talking for a while. I considered it being a good time to do some EVP work. But I was just too tired. So that thought left as quickly as it entered my mind. About an hour later, we all wandered back to our perspective beds and tried to get some sleep. I think Marty and I both lay there awake for what seemed like hours. We just couldn't sleep. I have since found out that the kids had the same problem.They said, they just couldn't sleep.

So, for the record, we will just say, Paranormal or not. It was a strange night.Kind of makes me want to re-read A Wrinkle in Time.